mercoledì 16 marzo 2011

Japan Diaster Relief - Art Auctions



© JANE MINTER


wash # 51
pansy
"thought"

.....I've just read via Thomas Schaller's blog that a site has been set up by Iain Stewart ..the idea of the auction  was started by Kieko Tanabe

ART AUCTIONS FOR JAPANESE DIASTER RELIEF

here's the link

      http://artauctionsforjapan.blogspot.com/

.....my thoughts go back to helping as a volunteer with my husband after the earthquake in Assisi when we helped assess the structural damage of homes and properties .  The scale of the damage in Japan is incomprehensible ... I admire  this group of artists collective initiative to help with art.  

4 commenti:

Jane ha detto...

Very delicate and very beautiful. Bravissima Jane.

A Brush with Color ha detto...

Thanks for the link, too! It's wonderful that they are helping.

I love this piece.

RH Carpenter ha detto...

I love the delicacy of this one, Jane. Perhaps it reminds us that beauty can be a very delicate thing. I, too, am overwhelmed with the images from Japan and knew that artists would band together and do something like this site to auction paintings for the Red Cross effort there.

JANE MINTER ha detto...

jane sue rhonda and jala thankyou .... it's not much but i wanted to highlight the art auction

here is another link : http://www.dailypaintworks.com/Challenges/HelpJapan